Empty Arms is governed by a working board of eight members, all of whom are totally committed to the work that we do. Every board member has a deep personal connection to pregnancy or infant loss, either through personal experience or professionally. We're so grateful to have this amazing team to help us make decisions, fundraise, and plan for the future of this organization.
- Megan Mayo, BSN, RN, CCE: Board President, Perinatal Bereavement Coordinator at Holyoke Medical Center
- Lexi Walters Wright, MLIS: Board Secretary, Community Manager at Understood.org
- Jean Monska, NMLS 476940: Board Treasurer, Assistant Branch Manager, Florence Savings Bank
- Jacqueline Kates, MD: Obstetrician/Gynecologist, Women’s Health Associates
- Jessica Kuttner, LICSW: Psychotherapist
- Greg Reynolds, MAT: French Teacher, Hampshire Regional High School. President, Hampshire Regional Teachers Association
- Erika Parker: Biology Teacher
We have two people who actually work for Empty Arms: Carol McMurrich and Beth Pellettieri.
- Carol is our our founder and former director. She heads up the programming and people-organizing for Empty Arms. She organizes the logistics for meetings, makes reach-out phone calls, emails bereaved parents, and enthusiastically connects people with one another. She also holds full responsibility for heading up the Companion Programs at all four hospitals. Carol can be reached at email@example.com.
- Beth started with Empty Arms as a board member in 2014. She served as the Board President, and Strategic Planning Chair for over two years. Currently, Beth serves as the organization's Development Director, writing grants, keeping our individual giving campaign moving, and keeping track of social media and newsletters. She also co-facilitates the Miscarriage & Early Pregnancy Loss Support Group. Beth can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beth and Carol are an awesome team and love working together.
Our Peer Companions
Our Group Facilitators
- Emily Brownlow (Empty Arms Bereavement Support Group)
- Carol McMurrich (Empty Arms Bereavement Support Group, Subsequent Choices Support Group, TFMR Support Group)
- Beth Pellettieri (Miscarriage & Early Pregnancy Loss Support Group)
- Marisa Pizii (TFMR Support Group)
- Lexi Walters Wright (Miscarriage & Early Pregnancy Loss Support Group, Subsequent Choices Support Group)
- Anna Westley (Infertility Support Group)
Wait... haven't I seen these names before?
YES. We are a young organization, and we have a small group of committed leaders, many of whom wear many hats for our organization. We've got facilitators who are also companions, facilitators who are also directors, and facilitators who are also board members. In all of our work, we make it a priority that each person who is involved in our organization has a deep personal connection to loss. This narrows our pool of qualified candidates, and so the end result is that we are blessed with a hard-working team of multi-tasking people!