Empty Arms is governed by a working board of six to eight members, all of whom are totally committed to the work that we do. Every board member has a deep personal connection to pregnancy or infant loss, either through personal experience or professionally. We're so grateful to have this amazing team to help us make decisions, fundraise, and plan for the future of this organization.
- Megan Mayo, BSN, RN, CCE: Board President, Perinatal Bereavement Coordinator at Holyoke Medical Center
- Jessica Kuttner, LICSW: Board Secretary, Psychotherapist
- Jean Monska, NMLS 476940: Board Treasurer, Assistant Branch Manager, Florence Savings Bank
- Jacqueline Kates, MD: Obstetrician/Gynecologist, Women’s Health Associates
- Greg Reynolds, MAT: French Teacher, Hampshire Regional High School. President, Hampshire Regional Teachers Association
- Erika Parker: Biology Teacher
We have three people who actually work for Empty Arms: Carol McMurrich, Sarah Nichols, and Amanda Lewis
- Carol is our our founder and director. She heads up the programming and people-organizing for Empty Arms. She organizes the logistics for meetings, makes all initial reach-out phone calls, emails bereaved parents, and enthusiastically connects people with one another. She also holds full responsibility for heading up the Companion Programs at all four hospitals. Carol is our educator, she provides all of our professional trainings. Carol can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sarah Nichols is our office and project manager- and boy, does she get the job done. Sarah is responsible for keeping track of all the people who use our services, making sure we follow up with them, acknowledge important anniversaries, and provide them with the necessary resources. Sarah helps to keep all of our projects on a timely schedule, and assists Carol in all the day-to-day functions of carrying out our program goals.
- Amanda Lewis serves as the organization's Development Director, writing grants, keeping our individual giving campaign moving, and keeping track of social media. She can be reached at email@example.com
The three of us are an awesome team and love working together.
Our Peer Companions
- Emily Brownlow
- Erin Long (of Erin Long Photography and also a bereaved mother)
- Sadie Dybizbanski
- Monica Borgatti
- Kristin Forrest
- Marisa Pizii
- Carol McMurrich
Our Spanish Language Peer Companions
Our Group Facilitators
- Carol McMurrich (Empty Arms Bereavement Support Group, Subsequent Choices Support Group)
- Emily Brownlow (Empty Arms Bereavement Support Group)
- Marisa Pizii (TFMR Support Group)
- Lindsey Rothschild (TFMR Support Group)
- Lexi Walters Wright (Miscarriage & Early Pregnancy Loss Support Group, Subsequent Choices Support Group)
- Sadie Dybizbanski (Empty Arms Bereavement Support Group, Subsequent Choices Group)
- Jolene Phillips (Miscarriage & Early Pregnancy Loss Support Group, Subsequent Choices Group)
- Brandi Gillen-Hing (Miscarriage & Early Pregnancy Loss Support Group)
Wait... isn't there a lot of overlap here? YES. We are a young organization, and we have a small group of committed leaders, many of whom wear many hats for our organization. We've got facilitators who are also companions, facilitators who are also directors, and facilitators who are also board members. In all of our work, we make it a priority that each person who is involved in our organization has a deep personal connection to loss. This narrows our pool of qualified candidates, and so the end result is that we are blessed with a hard-working team of multi-tasking people!